Innovation Strategies and Performance in Small Firms
- 1986 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1573 downloads at 25 mb/s
- 1171 downloads at 25 mb/s
John Baldwin and Guy Gellatly find that the strategic decisions young firms make play a critical role in determining their odds for survival and growth. New small firms survive by developing a core set of business skills - skills related inter alia to management, human resources, marketing and financing. Advanced innovation capabilities related to R&D and technology set high-performance firms apart from other businesses. Industry-level differences in product lifecycle, production activity, competitive intensity and the science base all influence the nature of small-firm innovation.
Unique features of this volume include:
comprehensive strategic profiles representative of small-firm populations information from business surveys and administrative data sources for a better understanding of how strategies and activities relate to firm performance an exploration of how small-firm strategies and activities vary across a diverse range of operating environments - from manufacturing to services to science-based environments.
Researchers and students interested in small firms and entrepreneurship will benefit from the wealth of new data that investigates relationships between business strategies, innovation and performance. Those interested in industrial organization, innovation and firm turnover will appreciate the new data on how small-firm strategies vary in different competitive environments and at different stages of the entry and exit process.
- Small Firms Survey (Businesses & Their Communities)
- Innovation in Firms: A Microeconomic Perspective
- High Performance Management Strategies for Entrepreneurial Companies: Research Findings from Over 500 Firms
- Are Small Firms Important? Their Role and Impact
- Strategy Formulation in Entrepreneurial Firms
- Strategy and Innovation in Japanese Business
- Innovation and the State: Political Choice and Strategies for Growth in Israel, Taiwan, and Ireland
- OECD Studies On SMEs And Entrepreneurship: SMEs, Entrepreneurship And Innovation (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development)
- Competition Perceptions and Innovation Activities: An Empirical Study of Canadian Manufacturing Firms
- The Internationalization of Small Firms: A Strategic Entrepreneurship Perspective (Routledge Studies in Small Business)