That First Season: How Vince Lombardi Took the Worst Team in the NFL and Set It on the Path to Glory
- 1409 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1701 downloads at 25 mb/s
John Eisenberg's That First Season is the seldom-studied prequel to a phenomenal football career for Vince Lombardi and the Packers, drawing on exhaustive research and interviews to tell an incredible ensemble tale of a team, a town, and their leader.
The once-vaunted Green Bay Packers were a laughing stock by the late 1950s. They hadn't fielded a winning team in more than a decade and were close to losing their franchise to another city. They were in desperate need of a savior, and he arrived in a wood-paneled station wagon in the dead of winter from New York City. In a single year, Vince Lombardi—the grizzled coach who took no bull—transformed a team of underachievers into winners and resurrected a city known for its passion for sport.
- My Losing Season
- Almost a Dynasty: The Rise and Fall of the 1980 Phillies
- The Lombardi Legacy: Thirty People Who Were Touched By Greatness
- Beyond Winning: The Timeless Wisdom of Great Philosopher Coaches
- McKinney High, 1946
- Fantasy Football The Next Level: How to Build a Championship Team Every Season
- Season Three: Episodes 27-39: Participants Guide (Faith Café)
- I Remember Vince Lombardi: Personal Memories of and Testimonials to Football's First Super Bowl Championship Coach, as Told by the People and Players Who Knew Him
- In the Heat of Passion