A Live Coal In The Sea
- 1927 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1644 downloads at 25 mb/s
- 1939 downloads at 25 mb/s
Best known for A Wrinkle in Time -- the children's classic that has sold more than 2 million copies since 1962 -- Madeleine L'Engle is as adept at exploring faith and human experience as she is at spinning fascinating, fantastic tales. Now this masterful storyteller blends her two passions and offers an engrossing new story to delight her devoted audience.
When Dr. Camilla Dickinson's teenage granddaughter confronts her with the disquieting question of whether Camilla is, in fact, her grandmother, long-kept secrets rise to the surface to test the faith, love and loyalty of the Xanthakos family. This skillful, gripping tale shuttles between past and troubled present, providing clues to a multigenerational mystery -- clues that begin to focus on Camilla's son, the deeply troubled TV idol Artaxias, and on Camilla's mother, the irresistibly beautiful and adulterous Rose. Though riveting and psychologically complex, A Live Coal in the Sea is "infused with the warmth of love and mercy" (Booklist), showcasing the keen eye and deep compassion that have made L'Engle one of this century's premier writers on faith and its place in human experience.
- The Bronfmans: The Rise and Fall of the House of Seagram
- THE ARM OF THE STARFISH
- The Complete Adventures of Curious George
- A Swiftly Tilting Planet (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet)
- A House Like a Lotus
- A Wrinkle In Time
- On Eagle's Wings: A story of survival against all odds, enduring faith, and intense determination.
- La Femme de Gilles
- Has our faith changed?: Reflections on the faith for today's adult Christian
- Through faith & luck: The story of an East Indian family in Guyana