Governing the Global Economy: Politics, Institutions and Economic Development (Routledge Studies in Globalisation)
- 1275 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1544 downloads at 25 mb/s
Governing the Global Economy explores the dynamic interaction between politics and economics, between states and markets and between international and domestic politics. The contributors study how the governance of the global economy is shaped by interaction between international institutions, domestic politics and multinational enterprises, from a wide range of theoretical perspectives and methods.
Presenting a fresh approach to the study of international political economy, this volume covers:
the systemic characteristics of the liberal world order,
the role of international institutions,
domestic economic politics and policies
the strategies and behaviour of multinational enterprises.
The volume also includes topical discussion of the challenges to the global economy from the recent financial crisis and analysis of economic politics, in particular the regions of Africa and Europe as well as the countries of Japan and South Korea.
With contributions from prominent scholars in political science, economics and business studies, who have all contributed greatly to advancing the study of political economy over the last decade, Governing the Global Economy aims to bridge the gap between undergraduate textbooks and advanced theory. It is essential reading for all students and scholars of international political economy and globalization.
- National Politics In A Global Economy: The Domestic Sources of U. S. Trade Policy
- Trading Blocs: States, Firms, and Regions in the World Economy (Michigan Studies in International Political Economy)
- Global Political Economy and the Wealth of Nations: Performance, Institutions, Problems and Policies (Routledge Frontiers of Political Economy)
- The Politics of the Asian Economic Crisis (Cornell Studies in Political Economy)
- Redefining the Third World (International Political Economy Series)
- The Global Crisis and Transformative Social Change (International Political Economy Series)
- International Political Economy: International Edition
- Negotiating Trade Liberalization at the WTO: Domestic Politics and Bargaining Dynamics (International Political Economy Series)
- Africa in International Politics: External Involvement on the Continent (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- Governing International Labour Migration: Current Issues, Challenges and Dilemmas (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)