Cancer Registry Management: Principles AND Practices for Hospitals and Central Registries
- 1850 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1622 downloads at 25 mb/s
If you are a member of NCRA and would like to receive member discount pricing on this item, please contact customer service at 800-228-0810. Discounted orders cannot be processed via the website.New Third Edition Now Available!
Cancer registration is an important and fundamental tool in cancer control.
A population-based cancer registry collects the data from many healthcare facilities in a defined geographic area and can serve to show incidence trends for cancer of different sites over time or between population subdivisions. It can provide data to assess the effects of different types of treatments over time and to evaluate the effects of early detection programs, such as mammography or colorectal screening.
The National Cancer Registrar’s Association and Kendall Hunt Publishing proudly introduce Cancer Registry Management: Principles and Practice.
Perfect as a resource for the CTR Exam and as a resource for NCRA-Accredited programs, Cancer Registry Management: Principles and Practice combines both the Cancer Registry Management: Principles and Practice with Central Cancer Registries: Design, Management and Use.
This new 3rd edition of Cancer Registry Management: Principles and Practice is the result of a collaborative effort of a volunteer team of registry professionals who represent various organizations from the cancer surveillance community in North America.
Written by more than 50 expert authors, Cancer Registry Management: Principles and Practice:is the only one-stop desk reference for all cancer registry professionalsexplains how to set-up and maintain a Cancer Registry.is an excellent reference on the methodology, organization, and operation of central cancer registries.provides the reader with the most effective strategies, including new axioms and approaches, available in the essential responsibilities of a cancer registrar.is bundled with a review guide on a compact disc that includes a set of questions with answers for each chapter.includes appendices, a glossary of registry terms, and an index.
This edition is composed of 42 chapters, which are organized into 6 sections:Planning and Design of RegistriesInformaticsOperationsUses of Registry DataStandard Setters and Professional OrganizationsCentral and Other Registries
- Breast Cancer Epidemiology
- Principles and Management of Urologic Cancer
- American Cancer Society's Complementary and Alternative Cancer Methods Handbook
- Statistical Methods in Cancer Research: The Analysis of Case-control Studies v. 1 (International Agency for Research on Cancer Scientific Publications)
- Early detection of breast cancer (Recent results in cancer research)
- Cancer in Africa: Epidemiology and Prevention (IARC Scientific Publications)
- Early Detection and Prevention of Colorectal Cancer (Curbside Consultation)
- Progress In Bladder Cancer Research (Horizons in Cancer Research)
- Trends In Prostate Cancer Research (Horizons In CancerResearch)
- The Breast Sourcebook: Everything You Need to Know About Cancer Detection, Treatment, and Prevention